WHEN NEIGHBORHOODS SAY “YES” TO HOMES AND BUSINESSES, DENVER’S COMMUNITY GROWS STRONGER
- Allowing residents to meet their daily needs without traveling long distances creates stronger bonds with neighbors, merchants, and other community members.
- Vibrant neighborhoods with diverse businesses and services are able to support the needs of residents of all ages, and older adults can age in place.
- Diverse and welcoming communities are thriving communities.
We advocate for plans, policies, projects, and programs that:
- Promote mixed-use developments (homes, businesses, and community services).
- Support diverse, mixed-income, mixed-tenure neighborhoods.
- Encourage non-traditional housing arrangements, such as co-ops and community land trusts.